- Municipal Court
Thank you for visiting the City of Victoria Municipal Court website. It is our desire to assist the public in a positive and friendly manner that assures fair and quality service. The City of Victoria Municipal Court is a Court of Record, handling cases involving Class C misdemeanors. Generally, such cases are punishable by fine only.
The City of Victoria Municipal Court offers E-Court Appearance. You may be eligible to dispose of your case by video conference with the Judge on your computer or mobile device.
107 W Juan Linn Street
Victoria, TX 77901
P.O. Box 1758
Victoria, TX 77902
Phone: : 361-485-3050Fax: : 361-485-3065
Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm
To serve the community through the promotion of justice by providing an impartial forum for the resolution of all cases brought before the court in a manner such that the legal rights of individuals are safeguarded and public interest is protected.
- Ensure access to justice and expedition and timeliness in case processing
- Ensure independence and accountability of the court
- Foster public trust and confidence in the justice system
- Strive for equality, fairness, and integrity in court operations
- Provide strategic and operational direction for the operations of the Municipal Court to ensure access to justice and timeliness in case processing
- Leverage innovative solutions to expand court services and enhance process efficiencies
- Enhance public safety and quality of life for Victoria residents and visitors through community outreach initiatives and community partnerships
The City of Victoria Municipal Court strives to provide professional court proceedings that follow all applicable state laws and ensure the rights of all persons are observed.
The City of Victoria Municipal Court processes and adjudicates class "C" misdemeanor criminal cases that occur within the territorial limits of the City of Victoria. Some examples include:
- Disorderly Conduct
- Minor in Possession of Alcohol
- Parking Violations
- Animal Services
The City of Victoria Municipal Court of Record adheres to the guidance and directives of various Emergency Orders issued by the Texas Supreme Court during the COVID-19 State of Disaster.
The Municipal Court lobby and service windows are open during normal business hours to process individual transactions. All defendants are encouraged to utilize available online options to resolve matters.
For the safety of our citizens and employees: If you are experiencing any upper respiratory symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please contact us - an appearance may not be required.
- Call the court at (361) 485-3050 for alternative options
- Visit the various options under Respond to a Citation to see if a court appearance is necessary
- Submit your request electronically for a reset through this form or e-mail it to court staff at email@example.com
Vulnerable populations: Please contact the court to make other arrangements for a hearing if you are over age 65 or have serious underlying health conditions, such as high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune systems are compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer or other conditions requiring such therapy. You may contact the court at 361-485-3050 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing contained herein is intended to be nor should be construed as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such.