- Development Services
- Development & Permitting Center
- Permits & Other Applications
Permits & Other Applications
Most construction within the city limits must secure a building permit. The Development Center has cross-trained specialists to assist in all aspects of the permit application process, and is responsible for the issuance of all permits for:
- Irrigation systems
- Manufactured home placement
- Natural gas
- New commercial/residential building/remodel
- Signs and billboards
- Swimming pools, etc.
Please ensure that any required plats or site plans have been completed prior to requesting a building permit.
Find out which items are exempt from needing a permit by viewing our Permit Exceptions (PDF).
Building permits for commercial projects will only be issued when sufficient plans, details, and site plans are submitted so as to determine compliance with all applicable codes.
The City of Victoria will now require that any plans required for a pool permit be approved by the appropriate electrical provider:
- American Electric Power (AEP), Administrative Office
102 E Crestwood Drive
Victoria, TX 77901
Phone: 361-574-3357 (only call for pool location assistance)
- Victoria Electric Cooperative (VEC), Engineering Office
102 S Ben Jordan Street
Victoria, TX 77901
Phone: 361-573-2428, ext. 47 (only call for pool location assistance)
Regulations & Supporting Documents
Regulations and links to supporting documents may be found by viewing our Development Guide.
- Apply for a Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, or Sign permit online
- Billboard Permit (PDF)
- Building Permit (PDF) (New Construction, Remodel, and Driveway)
- House Move Permit (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Placement (PDF)
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) Permit (PDF)
- Sign Permit (PDF)
- Temporary Sign Permit (PDF)
- Plan Review Application (PDF) (Includes Site Plan and Building Plan Review)
- Platting Application (PDF)
- Deed Approval (PDF)
- Exaction Hearing Request (PDF)
- Land Use Compliance Request (PDF) (The City of Victoria has not adopted a zoning ordinance)
- Building Permit Variance Procedure (PDF)
- Building Permit Variance Application (PDF)
- Development Variance Application (PDF) (Includes Subdivision Ordinance, Signs, and Driveways)