- Communications & Public Affairs
Winter Weather and Water Information
Updated as of 12/20/22
The City of Victoria has put this page together to allow for one place for residents to go for information. The page will be updated as needed to include information about weather notices, water boil information, and more.
Please follow the Facebook pages below for additional information:
City of Victoria, TX - Government
We need your help to maintain our water system -
- To protect your pipes from freezing, allow the faucet furthest from your water meter to drip steadily. Do not turn all your faucets on, and do not turn them on all the way.
- If you have a leak, please call the City of Victoria at 485-3381 and we will turn your water off at the meter, no charge. Once you have fixed your leak, call the city back to turn on the meter.
An emergency warming center will be open at C3 Victory Church, 1604 E. Crestwood Drive, 5 p.m.-8 a.m. the nights of Dec. 22, 23, 24 and 25.
The warming center accepts donations of blankets, gloves, thermals and winter coats. Volunteers, food donations and monetary donations are needed as well. Residents can contact Mid-Coast Family Services at (361) 575-7842 for more warming center details or to donate or volunteer. Donations can also be dropped off at Mid-Coast Family Services, 2010 N. Navarro St., Suite A, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
Mid-Coast Family Services will provide overnight emergency hotel vouchers for out-of-county homeless people who are unable to travel to the warming center. The voucher will cover the nights of Dec. 22, 23, 24 and 25, with checkout at 11 a.m. Dec. 26.
To request a hotel room in your county or for more details, please contact Mid-Coast Family Services at 361-575-7842 or call Keith Rucker at 361-935-3515 or Lisa Griffin at 361-935-1451 during office hours. Hotel stays will require a photo ID.
Water Boil Notices
Victoria OEM Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Shelter: Salvation Army; 1302 N. Louis St. or Call 361-576-1297
- Report damage, debris or water/drainage issues: Public Works; 361-485-3380
- Power Outages: Contact your electrical provider
- Sign up for emergency alerts: Text "SWIFT911" to 99538